Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Getting Ready!

I swear!  I think if it's not one thing, it will be another.  Thing to get ready for, that is.  It seems as though all we do is get ready for this or that.  Too funny!  
Now, we're getting ready for 4th of July.  And boy, is it a job.  4th of July on my block is no joke, in fact, it's an impromptu block party every year.  Well, this year, we've decided to make it official and we're having a block party, block party now.  Not closing off the street or getting a bouncy house or anything like that, but still.  I'm in charge of the baked alaska.  Boy, does everyone love a baked alaska.  And I sure can make one.  But, everyone's got their station, and grills will be going all night.  I'm sure more than one grill war will break out.  It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too, don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining!  
We also have wars for the best fireworks.  Everyone gets them illegal (I know it's a bad example for the kids, but sometimes, what the heck!  It's not like we're buying them drugs) and boy do we have a show.  We don't have a local show and no one wants to drive that night.  Nevermind that we're drinking--everyone else is too!  
I grumble, but I am very much looking forward to the party, especially for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment