Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jet Lag Central!

I have to say that the toughest part of having the hubby home is the jet lag.  He's in a totally different time zone--a totally different universe than the rest of us!  He's trying to adjust, but hey, it's only been two days.  And he's really tired, sleeps the whole day away, from sunup to sundown.  I try to stay up as long as I can with him, but I'm tired myself.  We don't eat usually until 9:00 and by then the kids are so tired that they can barely hold a fork.  And I am, too, frankly.
As it turns out, his contracting firm was kicked out of Iraq.  We keep on trying to see it on the news, but it hasn't happened, thank God. All of the Blackwater stuff was so humiliating.  He won't say yet what all happened, although I am sure it is the last thing he wants to think about is being back there.  I'm hoping that his next job is here at home, although I don't know too many places hiring at present.  But, you never know!  Stranger things have happened.
Speaking of strange, guess who got a taste of my husband last night--that stupid coyote.  It again didn't do anything, but it just stared and stared.  Oddly, my husband didn't shoot it right off, although the kids were around and I'm sure he didn't want to scare them.  Maybe next time!  My hubby never really has a problem shooting anything.
Well, gotta go!  Dinner to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment