Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On the town

I'm going on and on like y'all know me, so I thought I'd fill you in a little bit on myself.  I still can't figure out how to connect the darned camera to the computer, so I don't have a picture.  I would say I'm pretty, although not as pretty as I was in high school.  I've gained a bit of baby weight since then (yes, I know my kids are 8 and 10) and cooking for everyone makes it hard to keep the pounds off.  I'm not fat particularly, just more curvy.  I'm a pretty frizzy blonde--hair's a little damaged and I wear lots of makeup--I love makeup.  I don't have a lot of expensive clothes, although I do have expensive taste and would rather have one nice thing than 10 not so nice things.  That's just me!
"On the town" means that I wanted to tell you more about my town, but there's not all that much to say I guess.  We have a Wal Mart, a bunch of fast food joints, the usual supermarket, that sort of thing.  I thought it could be a whole blog entry, but it's just too boring.  Close knit community, couple of bars, but it doesn't get too rowdy.  "Blue collar" as they say.  We've been hit a bit with the recession, couple of families unemployed, which is scary.  But, we'll pull through, we always do.  Not the worst thing that's going to happen.  Not the worst thing that's ever happened.
The good news is that I put my nose to the grindstone and got a lot of cleaning done.  The kids are so excited their daddy's coming home that they even chipped in, no whining!  6 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment